Nov 16th, 2020
The Brick Furniture Protection Plan Plus
The Brick Warehouse LP. (“The Brick”)
Furniture Service Agreement Terms and Conditions, Limitations and Exclusions
This certifi cate (“Certificate”) contains the terms and conditions (“Terms”), limitations and exclusions (“Limitations and Exclusions”) of The Brick’s Furniture Protection Plus Plan – Service Agreement, (the “Plan”) purchased and paid for as shown on your original invoice (“Invoice”) for one or more pieces of furniture (“Product”). The customer(s) whose name(s) appear(s) on the Invoice is (are) referred to herein as “You” or “Your”. In consideration of You purchasing and paying for the Plan, this Service Agreement provides coverage for domestic or personal use of the Product within Canada during the Protection Period (defi ned below). This Service Agreement provides for “In-Home” repair service within 40 km of where The Brick operates a retail store or distribution centre. Any requests for service must be made within 14 days of an incident occurring. In some circumstances it may be necessary to remove the Product from Your home to complete the repair without the option of a temporary replacement. The Brick provides You the following coverage under the Plan for a period of either (36) or (60) months for its Furniture Protection Plus Plan or (12) months for the Decorative Accessory Only Warranty Plan depending on the Plan Terms purchased, the coverage of which commences on the date of delivery of the Product to You (the “Protection Period”).
Fabric, Synthetic and Natural Leather:
Singular or one time accidental staining reported within 14 days of an incident occuring from foods, beverages, normal household grease, human and pet saliva, bodily fluids, ballpoint pen ink, cosmetics, nail polish or crayons. Accidental punctures, rips, tears or cigarette burn(s). Surface failure from cracking, peeling, failed stitching or seam separation. Structural defects including frame, legs, moving parts, reclining mechanisms, breakage or bending of metal parts, assembled joints or electronics components.
Faux and Bonded Leather:
Singular or one time accidental staining reported within 14 days of an incident occuring from foods, beverages, normal household grease, human and pet saliva, bodily fluids, ballpoint pen ink, cosmetics, nail polish or crayons. Accidental punctures, rips, tears or cigarette burn(s). Structural defects including frame, legs, moving parts, reclining mechanisms, breakage or bending of metal parts, assembled joints, electronics components, stitching or seam separation. Peeling and cracking will only be covered within the first year manufacturer warranty period.
Wood Furniture and Wood Type Finishes:
Accidental stains from liquid marks or rings from food stains and beverages, ink, cosmetics or nail polish, as well as premature fading, checking, lifting, cracking, warping and peeling of finish on solid wood/veneered/laminated furniture. Where the wood furniture incorporates fabric, the fabric protection provisions will also apply.
One year accessory coverage commences from the date of delivery covers accessory workmanship, quality or accidental breakage. Coverage protects decorative accessories purchased at The Brick including vases, wall mirrors, table lamps, floor lamps, sculptures, framed prints, jewelry boxes and wall art. The Brick will provide a one year repair coverage. If, at The Brick’s sole discretion, The Brick determines the product is not repairable, then the product will be replaced at no cost to You. In the event the same or comparable product is not available, an in store credit may be provided to be used towards an alternate decorative accessory Product. The credit will not exceed the original amount paid. In the event that a successful claim is processed under this coverage, then the warranty will be deemed used and no additional claims can be made on that particular Product or any replacement Product unless a new warranty is purchased.
Patio and Outdoor Furniture
Your patio and outdoor furniture is covered for a period of three (3) years from date of delivery from:
- Defects in material or workmanship;
- Chipping, fading, scratches, humidity, rust or corrosion on powder-coated tubular steel frame;
- Peeling, flaking and blisters on finish material (black resin, flat rattan, brown resin, wicker);
- Defective construction, joints or moving parts on the umbrella or bases.
Limitations and Exclusions
This Service Agreement DOES NOT cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear or soiling from everyday use including the accumulation of body perspiration or body oils;
- Repairs to the Product carried out by anyone other than authorized agents of The Brick, and damage(s) resulting therefrom;
- Willful abuse, neglect or misuse of the Product;
- Failure to file a claim within 14 days (as this can impact our ability to repair/replace the Product);
- Damage to the Product caused by pets (other than body fluids);
- Product that was/were sold AS-IS where the Invoice does not expressly specify in the “Delivery Comments/Explanation and Reasons” what the damage(s) and/or defect(s) was by reason of which the Product was sold AS-IS;
- Seat cushion cores will soften from normal use and have conformed to the shape of the user. This is considered normal wear, and shall not be deemed a loss of resiliency or a material manufacturing defect;
- Variations to the appearance of the Product, or of components or features of any nature whatsoever incorporated into the Product, that are attributable to the natural characteristics of the Product or components;
- Product damage caused by paint, bleach, acids or other corrosives;
- Detached decorative throw cushion(s);
- Factory distressing of the Product for appearance or natural imperfections of the wood such as knots, worm holes and unusual grain patterns;
- Any commercial or rental use of the Product;
- Damage(s) to the Product caused by fraud, intentional acts, transportation, improper use, or acts of God or of nature;
- Normal fading and discoloration howsoever caused including, without limitation, fading and discoloration from sunlight;
- Delivery or related auxiliary fees or services;
- Insect or pest infestations and measures for any treatment and control thereof;
- The application of paint, stain, polyurethane, other chemical treatments or any modifi cations made by the end user will void the Warranty;
- Damages caused by suntan oil or other chemicals;
- Normal wear or stretching of fabrics due to weathering or use, fading, minor discolouration, minor colour variances in the resin or colour variance between replacement parts or pieces;
- Anything not expressly specified in this Certificate as being covered under the Plan.
If the Product cannot be repaired, The Brick, at its option, will offer a settlement and/or replace the Product. Should the original Product item no longer be available, You will be offered a new comparable replacement Product. Should a replacement Product price be less than the original purchase price of the warrantied Product, any remaining credit is waived as the replacement Product is intended to be an exchange of Product for comparable Product only. In any event, credit cannot be used for purchase of Extended Warranty, delivery or service.
If the Product requiring replacement is not available and is part of a matching set where all pieces were purchased together and are covered under this Service Agreement, The Brick will replace the component Product only and will credit You a prorated value of the matching undamaged and non-defective Product in an amount equal to the original purchase price of the undamaged and non-defective Product less 0% during the first 0-12 months, less 20% from the 13th to 24th month of ownership, less 40% from the 25th to 36th month of ownership, less 60% from the 37th to 48th month of ownership and less 80% for the 49th to 60th month of ownership.
If for any reason, The Brick, at its option, supplies a replacement or settlement for the Product under this Service Agreement (the “Replacement Product”) the coverage hereunder is then deemed to have been fully expended on that piece only, notwithstanding the Protection Period. This warranty is not transferable from one owner to another.
Please contact your purchasing store to initiate a repair or warranty claim during the coverage period.
FULL CIRCLE 100% VALUE BACK PRODUCT PROTECTION
When You purchase an Extended Furniture Warranty Plan at a Brick store, the following additional features and benefits will be made available to You from the date of delivery or pick-up of Your new Product:
You will be entitled to a credit in an amount equal to the price paid (less taxes) (the “Credit”) for The Brick’s Furniture Protection Plus Plan You purchased if no claims have been made under the Plan You purchased. Claims free Product includes multiproduct purchases; partial full circle credits may be redeemed. The Credit may be redeemed at any Brick store towards Your next furniture, mattress and/or related accessories purchase of $400.00 or more within 90 days after the date Your Plan expires. Multiple eligible Full Circle Credits may be combined provided the purchase to which they are used falls within the same 90 day period. The Credit redemption is available only after expiration of the claims free warranty period of the Plan, and has no cash value and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Any unredeemed Credit amounts will be forfeited automatically upon expiration without notice. See in store for complete details.