Yamaha RX-V1085 7.2-Channel AV Receiver
Width: 17.13" (43.5 cm) Height: 6.73" (17.1 cm) Depth: 14.88" (37.8 cm)
Find an amp worthy of building your home theatre around with this Yamaha RX-V1085 receiver. The 7.2-channel capability allows you to augment your entertainment with clear and powerful surround sound. Fine features like MusicCast wireless network and Dolby Atmos® sound let you enjoy high-fidelity music and Bluetooth® streaming from your mobile devices throughout your home. Finally, be confident you’ve properly optimized your set-up with the YPAO™ system, which automatically tunes for optimum performance based on the layout of your home theatre room.
- Dolby Atmos® and DTS-X™ Playback with CINEMA DSP HD3
- Highly Rigid Construction for Sound Purity
- ESS SABRE™ ES9007S Premier DAC
- High-quality Parts
- YPAO™ - R.S.C. with Multi-Point Measurement and Precision EQ
- Built-in Streaming Services
- Experience Virtual 11-channel Realism
- Three HDMI Outputs
The AI technology built into the DSP analyses the scene of the entertainment content and then creates the optimal surround effect to reproduce it with the greatest effect. This AI instantaneously analyses scenes by focusing on distinct sound elements such as dialogue, background music, ambient sounds and sound effects, and automatically optimises the surround effect in real time. This creates a compelling sense of realism with expressive power beyond conventional sound field effects, giving you the most profound entertainment experience possible.
Dolby Atmos and DTS-X Playback with CINEMA DSP HD3
This AV receiver supports Dolby Atmos and DTS-X playback with CINEMA DSP HD3, taking the surround sound experience to new heights. The revamped CINEMA DSP HD3 features new signal processing algorithms and three sets of high performance processors. This maximises theatre sound effects, accurately reproducing a new dimension of realism.
Highly Rigid Construction for Sound Purity
The RX-V1085 AV receiver features a sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel. Even more importantly, the unit is exceptionally sturdy, with a reinforced interior and symmetrical power amplifier layout. These ensure that installation stability is improved and chassis resonance is dispersed, effectively eliminating external vibration and providing the highest audio quality.
ESS SABRE ES9007S Premier DAC
Incorporating the SABRE ES9007S Premier Audio DAC from ESS Technology to achieve an exceptionally good signal-to-noise ratio and up to 120 dB of dynamic range, this AV receiver produces professional quality digital audio.
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimize distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry. They also feature ultra-high performance with 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with Independent power supplies, for reproducing absolutely all the audio in High Resolution sound sources without noise. A new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration.
YPAO - R.S.C. with Multi-Point Measurement and Precision EQ
YPAO-R.S.C. (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer - Reflected Sound Control) analyses room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. It uses precision EQ calculation to achieve the most natural room acoustics possible and Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalisation, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
Multi-room Audio with MusicCast
MusicCast takes the headache out of multi-room audio. Simply connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home. Take MusicCast for a test drive by downloading the free MusicCast app and using it demo mode.
Built-in Streaming Services
Explore a world of sound with music streaming services built-in*. It’s almost impossibly easy to listen to your faves or discover new music. *Services available vary by region, may include Napster®, Pandora®, SirusXM™, Tidal™, Deezer™ and Spotify®.
Experience Virtual 11-channel Realism
The RX-V1085 is equipped with three Yamaha original high performance DSP (digital signal processor) devices, achieving high speed and large-capacity audio signal processing. As a result, CINEMA DSP HD3 playback can reproduce up to 11-channel sound — on even a 7-channel system. The total reproduction of spatial data, including the vertical axis, helps create an overwhelmingly realistic sound field.*Requires connection to a front presence speaker. Dolby Atmos and DTS: X signals cannot be used with these virtual features.
Three HDMI Outputs
Since the RX-V1085 has three HDMI output terminals, simultaneous connection to a TV, LCD projector and other devices, is possible. You can use your TV as usual but use the projector for your favourite movies and special programming, or have the same main-room content shown in other rooms as well — easily and without having to change any connections. Naturally, the built-in HDMI functionality is of the latest specifications, corresponding also to HDR (Dolby Vision Compatible, Hybrid Log-Gamma), 4K / 60p passthrough, 4K upscaling, and so on.
The Joys of Vintage Vinyl - Phono Input
This AV receiver provides phono input terminals, letting you connect a turntable and enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
You can add an external power amplifier (pre-main amplifier) to this AV receiver to improve and enhance the sound of your speakers. For example, using a power amplifier to drive the important front channel in home theatre gives you the added flexibility of building a system with an emphasis on sound quality.
- Alexa on MusicCast *Availability of voice command control via Amazon Alexa varies by region.
- Easy-to-Use AV Controller App
- Multilingual Advanced Graphical User Interface
- Playback in different rooms with HDMI Zone Switching
- Bi-amp Connection
- AV Setup Guide
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- Save Energy by 20% with Eco Mode
Full Features and Specifications
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 120 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 110 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 135 / 165 / 210 / 280 W
Surround Sound Processing:
- Surround:AI: Yes
- MusicCast Surround: Yes
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (HD3)
- DSP Programs: 24
- Dialogue Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Surround: Yes
- DTS:X: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- High-resolution Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) and Precision EQ Calculation
- YPAO Volume: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter: ESS 384 kHz / 32-bit SABRE Premier DAC ES9007S
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling: Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI eARC: Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analogue to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 7 / 3 (HDCP2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input: USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC / AAC)
- Front AV Input: USB / Analogue Audio
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 3 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 9 (front 1) / 0
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 0
- Composite Video Input/Output: 4 / 0
- Preout: 7.2-ch
- Headphone Output: 1
- FM/AM Tuner: Yes
- On-screen display: Graphical User Interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (8 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Full LED Backlight)
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Preout / HDMI
- Powered Zone: Zone 2
- Zone Video Output: HDMI / Component / Composite
- Zone HDMI: Yes (HDMI Zone Switching)
- Zone B Output: HDMI
- RS-232C Interface: Yes
- +12V Trigger Output: 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 01-Jan
- Party Mode: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤0.1W
- Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.125” x 7.125” x 17.25” (with antenna up: 17.125” x 10.25” x 17.25”); 435 x 182 x 439 mm (with antenna up: 435 x 259 x 439 mm)
- Weight: 32.8 lb.; 14.9 kg